Begining Managing E-Learning: Initial thoughts

Welcome to my journey through ‘Managing E-Learning’ and technology. As I begin reading through the Moodle activities I am feeling both overwhelmed and excited. The ‘Pay Attention’ video really stimulated my thinking with regards to technology and education. Technology has radically changed the way in which we live. Educators need to engage the ‘digital learners’ in their classrooms and provide learning experiences which are relevant to our rapidly changing world.

Learning managers need to meet students’ changing needs. The world now faces rapid change and technological advances. Learning environments need to be innovative, flexible, creative and inclusive to prepare students for a changing society. After reflecting all of the dramatic technological changes that the world has gone through, I can not help questioning whether modern classrooms are attuned to the changing nature of the world.

When I compare a classroom from the 18th century to a classroom from today I can see many similarities. Children are seated in desks looking at a blackboard or whiteboard. They spend most of the day writing and listening. The only difference that I can see in a typical modern classroom is the two computers, usually abandoned at the back of the classroom. It seems that schools are endlessly repeating the same processes in a world which is changing at an unprecedented rate.

To me, technology is exciting as it provides endless opportunities for education. While I may not easily reach an answer or solution to prepare children for our rapidly changing world, I hope that the ‘Managing E-Learning’ course may provide me with the tools to create innovative and relevant learning experiences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on a journey through technology, education and innovation.
 
Copyright 2009 Learning Journey All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes